Re: Brinks Home Security Rip Off Reports

"Anonymous Sender" wrote:

> Brinks use to be a pretty good company for the most part...

When was that?  The earliest (indirect) contact I recall with them was through
angry, disillusioned clients of theirs who were looking for someone to service
the unusable hardware that Brinks had shut down when they canceled monitoring
agreements.

> They are like many other large companies, they employ too many assholes in
> key positions.

I think it's a job requirement.

> If being an asshole was a crime, I think most guys here in ASA would be
> guilty as well.

No, really?

> The decision makers at brinks made a poor choice concerning the techman guy,
> but since they already committed to going after him, they don't want to look
> too stupid in the eyes of the business world and their shareholders.

If you look at it given their objectives, that might not be correct.  What
they wanted to do, apparently, was to make an example of Jim for anyone who
might dare to cross them.  They've essentially won the case.  They got Jim
arrested.  They made hm take their stuff off his server.

> I have worked for ADT for 19 years. I must have pulled hundreds of these
> brinks systems and replaced them with our own
> panels. In all that time, they never came by and picked up the equipment.

It's worthless junk from the start.  After being installed it's used,
worthless junk.

> So from now on, I will instruct all my coworkers to hold onto all brinks
> systems we pull, and we will ship them to
> techman. That should equal to several hundred systems a year.
>
> More power to you techman.

Send them to Brinks, freight collect.

--

Regards,