Re: question about burglar alarm dispute (San Francisco Bay Area)

Well I think you're focusing on the receiver. Many central stations actually
monitor the phone lines for activity before it reaches the receiver. The
receiver gets the caller ID before it picks up the call, so the logging with
automation can begin before the receiver even picks up. There is a separate
layer of software for monitoring phone line activity. I guess if you just
have a receiver and no automation software and don't monitor the phone lines
then anything bad like this can happen. Is that what you use?