Re: question about burglar alarm dispute (San Francisco Bay Area)

> What signal?, remember  the reason for the multiple >calls was because the
thing wasn't actually able to send a >signal, it kept calling  trying to
send a signal and  >apparently only gave up after it was finally able to get
the >signal acknowledged.

Many receivers look for the "caller ID" number to determine what ack tone to
give first. Even if the account doesn't get through at all, central station
will still flag it as a run away and tell you where it's coming from.
And bill you too.