Re: question about burglar alarm dispute (San Francisco Bay Area)

"Roland Moore" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have a complaint. Who decided that was a good installation of an outdoor
> camera? This is a joke, right? Am I seeing things or is the drip loop
> actually above the camera? And why on earth would one post that picture to
> web site for "Commercial Security Solutions" when that would be a very
> poor
> even for a residential installation? Is that really the best they have?

> As for this guy's complaint about the toll charges?
> Toss in the fact that they used a toll number instead of an 800 number for
> the central station phone number. Then setting a residential test timer
> for
> daytime testing?
> And let's be honest here folks, most modern central stations would have
> had
> caller ID for that many signals and put the account on run away. The on
> call
> tech would have been getting a page about every 15 minutes to take care of
> the problem. This company doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt in my
> opinion. Pay this man NOW! These guys level of service for this account
> was
> way below substandard as I see it.

You're seeing things, the drip loop is below the camera, its still not a
great installation in my opinion since I would prefer either liquid tight
flex or a mount that passes the cable through without there being any
exposed cable.

Putting the account on run away won't stop the panel making a toll call to
the CS, and since it wasn't calling a toll free number its possible or even
likely that the caller ID was blocked as many residence's block caller ID,
so what's the alarm company to do?  block all unidentified incoming calls
from their receivers? Wasn't it you that threw a strop when you claimed a CS
stopped signals from one of your accounts?

A timer test mid afternoon is probably not a good idea on a residential
account, and on the face of it the alarm company should have flagged a no
timer test if the customer contracted for a weekly timer test, but since it
eventually came in it may have just flagged it as late. I'd be disappointed
if it was one of my accounts and we didn't flag it but we really don't know
the circumstances.

Who knows what caused the problem, the customer may have added something to
their phone service such as DSL, the alarm panel may have simply developed a
fault or the CS may have done something to cause the problem.

Doug