Re: Key Pad Doors.

Similar situation with Canon.  Had a Powershot digital camera for over 5
years, 3.2 megapixel.  The LCD display started to fail, looking like it was
melting, and sometimes even just going black.  The photos echoed what showed
on the display.  I was about to toss it into the trash and make my way to
Circuit City.  First, tho, I visited the Canon website to see what the newer
models were like.  I happened to come across a notice regarding certain
camera models that were experiencing LCD problems in humid areas of the
country (mind you I live in the desert, but it does get humid sometimes)
cause by a manufacturing defect, and that they would repair these units free
of charge if this were the problem, no matter how far out of warranty they
were.  My model was on the list.  :-)  Bingo.

So I called the number on their website, and asked them for an RMA.  They
immediately emailed me with an RMA number, and a UPS or Fed Ex, can't
remember, shipping label that was prepaid.  I sent the camera back.  They
emailed me when the camera was received, and told me they were about to work
on it.  Once they opened it up, they sent me another email saying that all
repairs would be free of charge.  After about a week and a half, I received
a package from Canon.  I opened it, and lo and behold, there was a letter
explaining that they did not have the required parts to fix my old
Powershot, and they were enclosing a unit of equal or greater value.  My
god, this was a 10+ megapixel camera with a large LCD display!  Way better
than what I had sent them!  It's refurbished, but it looks and barks like a
new one.  I'm a Canon customer for life!

Sue