Re: Key Pad Doors.

Bob La Londe wrote:

> Also, there is a certain class of consumer that has learned to "beef."  Its
> a tactic where they act upset and affronted about whatever it is they don't
> like until somebody gives them something for free just to shut them up.
> When I realize that is what I am dealing with I just walk out without saying
> another word.

A friend of the family used to work for Home Depot and found they got an
inordinate number of these types.  Didn't help that Home Depot had a
reputation for being pushovers for "beefing" customers (and sometimes
non-customers).  Anyone who wasn't happy with a particular level of
service was given the next-most-senior person's number and encouraged to
escalate their complaint... if they were persistent enough they'd almost
always manage to escalate to a level that would simply get them what
they wanted, whether it was a legitimate beef or not.

One example he cited was a guy who brought in a section of drain pipe
from a sink, claiming that it was the wrong piece and he wanted to
exchange it.  Only problem was, it was obviously the ORIGINAL section of
pipe (from the rust and accumulated crud) that had NOT been purchased at
Home Depot (at least not anytime recently).  The dolt made enough noise
that eventually a regional representative authorized the store to
replace it, just to shut the guy up.

I'm told that policy has changed in recent years... the customer is NOT
always right.