Re: Key Pad Doors.

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:477d010d$0$26082$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "George Siegle"
>>
>> I have a customer who thinks that there four year old alarm key pad needs
>> to be replaced because the door on the 5501 will not stay up.
>>
>> They also think it should be done for free!!!
>>
>> Ok rant over.
>>
>> ***** Bob Said *****
>>
>> You know.... I have found a rather cathartic way of dealing with these.
>> I go back to the office and send them a letter.  I explain how we deserve
>> to be paid for our work just like anybody else, how we scrupulously honor
>> our warranty, and how if they feel that we should work for free and give
>> stuff away for free that perhaps they should consider finding a new
>> provider.  I will even list other local companies I know who have
>> experience with their brand of equipment.
>>
>> I get about a 50/50 response from these letters.  Sometimes it takes a
>> while, but about half (probably a little more) eventually wind up seeing
>> it our way and are never again a problem customer, and very often have us
>> do additional work on new sites, and provide more services for them.
>>
>> The other half are either too stupid or too self centered for me to want
>> them as clients.  I don't miss them, and if they meet the terms of their
>> agreements I deprogram their systems for monitoring and mail them a
>> temporary dealer code to provide to their new monitoring company.  A few
>> I just have to have my phone line provider block their calls, and list
>> that account number as a dirty number.
>>

>> --
>> Sincerly,
>> The guy who makes the final decision
>> on who we do business with.
>> Bob La Londe
>>
>> The Security Consultant
>> Bob La Londe - Owner
>> P.O. Box 5720
>> Yuma, Az 85366
>>
>> (928) 782-9765 ofc
>> (928) 782-7873 fax
>>
>> Licensed Contractor
>> ROC103044 & ROC103047

> I suppose I should have mentioned the Velcroe dots option.

Also, there is a certain class of consumer that has learned to "beef."  Its
a tactic where they act upset and affronted about whatever it is they don't
like until somebody gives them something for free just to shut them up.
When I realize that is what I am dealing with I just walk out without saying
another word.