Re: Key Pad Doors.

"George Siegle"

I have a customer who thinks that there four year old alarm key pad needs to
be replaced because the door on the 5501 will not stay up.

They also think it should be done for free!!!

Ok rant over.

***** Bob Said *****

You know.... I have found a rather cathartic way of dealing with these.  I
be paid for our work just like anybody else, how we scrupulously honor our
warranty, and how if they feel that we should work for free and give stuff
away for free that perhaps they should consider finding a new provider.  I
will even list other local companies I know who have experience with their
brand of equipment.

I get about a 50/50 response from these letters.  Sometimes it takes a
while, but about half (probably a little more) eventually wind up seeing it
our way and are never again a problem customer, and very often have us do
additional work on new sites, and provide more services for them.

The other half are either too stupid or too self centered for me to want
them as clients.  I don't miss them, and if they meet the terms of their
agreements I deprogram their systems for monitoring and mail them a
temporary dealer code to provide to their new monitoring company.  A few I
just have to have my phone line provider block their calls, and list that
account number as a dirty number.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision