Re: Non mains system

Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Bob La Londe wrote:

>>> I did a little looking on-line and could not confirm that to my
>>> satisfaction.  A couple sources make that claim, but the more reputable
>>> sources seem to say the Hyksos had composite bows.  That is bows
>>> assembled of more than one material.  Thye go on to say composite nows
>>> have been found in some of the pyramids and tombs of Egypt from that time
>>> period and after.
>> Actually composite *recurved* bows, not "compound".  My mistake.
>

> Dang-it!  I was actually kinda hoping you were correct and were going to
> snow me with proof.  Its an exciting idea.

It appears I'm not the only one "confused" by bow terminology:

http://www.britannica.com/ebc/article-9367673

I found this article as well.  It explains the origin of the terminology
much better (in my view):

http://www.oldbasingarchers.co.uk/compound/tbww.htm

I do tend to recognize the Britannica as a more informative source than
Wikki, but articles in any encyclopedia are written by people (who can
make "missteaks").  :-)