Re: Non mains system

Paul O'Grady wrote:

> Thanks again Frank. I understand the concept. It's when you get to
> different names and model numbers that things get confusing for a novice
> but I'll get there.

Despite the "negative" commentary, this is really a good group of guys
(in ASA).  You've had a couple of good suggestions.  I hope they work out.

> Archery in general is gaining in popularity again (Back in the Olympics
> again and will be in the Commonwealth games in 2010). The American urge
> to kill everything has lead to the development of the compound bow

Actually, the Hyksos had the compound bow around the time they invaded
and conquered Egypt.  That was a bit more than 3000 years ago.  :-)

> which
> is more and more powerful/mechanical and accurate due to the use of
> telescopic sights.

"Telescopic sights" are nuthin' compared to the laser sight I saw the
other day on some guy's cross-bow.  Scary.

> You hardly ever see an American site dealing with
> traditional archery nowadays. Good to see that there is still some
> interest in the old ways. I wish him and you all the best.

Thanks Paul.  Same to you.