Re: Brinks Home Security Evergreen Clause

"Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Edmond Fitzgerald wrote:
>
>> Actually I am aware of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald on Lake
>> Superior.  And I have heard the Canadian author sing the song live.
>
> He also put on a few concerts in Vancouver, but I missed them all.  :-(

Too bad.  Like all of us he's getting older.  Catch him while you can.

>> And I also know of George Orwell and Harry Houdini, two of the other
>> contribuitors to this thread.
>
> Unless they're posting from "the other side", I figure both "George" and
> "Harry" aren't the "George" and "Harry" *you're* thinking about.

I really wish I knew a better way to put it this, but
"Well Duh".  And by the way, I am not the Edmond Fitzgerald.

>> But I don't know much about Frank Olson though.  Mind if I ask where you
>> work?
>
> Nope, I won't mind.
>

>> Just askin' no need to get snippy.
>
> No problem.

Just as I expected.

>> Lots of people use comcast I suppose, but I retract the comment based on
>> your response.
>
> Okay.

>>> And avoid the "bottom feeders".  :-)
>>
>> If you do the above you will avoid bottom feeders.+
>

> Yet you seem to think that any company that would elect to enforce an
> "evergreen clause" should be considered a "bottom feeder".  "

Not at all.   It's fine to have an "evergreen clause".  I don't want to get
new contracts each year if I'm the company and I don't want to deal with a
new contract each year if I'm the customer.  But that doesn't mean I'm
necessarily going to accept a cancellation provision heavily loaded in the
company's favor just because I'm the customer.  And I'm not going to rely on
a salesman telling me the company doesn't enforce the egregious provision.
Come on.