Re: Brinks Home Security Evergreen Clause

"Harry Houdini" <xor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

[....]

> We all have such clauses in our contracts. Like most reputable dealers, I
> allow my customer to cancel at anytime after the end of the contract with
> a 30 day written notice.

First off, I would not rely on Houdini's verbal statements
to override the cancellation penalty in a contract.  Secondly, if I chose to
do business with  Houdini's company I would want a written addendum
overriding the cancellation provision in the contract with a revised
cancellation provision.

Remember that contracts are enforceable in court and the judge won't put
much stock in what you claim were Houdini's ramblings about how he doesn't
really enforce some provisions of the contract.  Put it in writing.  That
way you won't have spend a lot of time later on Usenet or talk radio whining
about how you were taken advantage of by some bottom feeding company.