Re: Brinks Home Security Evergreen Clause

"Frank Olson" <Use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Edmund Fitzgerald wrote:
>> "Harry Houdini" <xor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> [....]
>>
>>> We all have such clauses in our contracts. Like most reputable dealers,
>>> I allow my customer to cancel at anytime after the end of the contract
>>> with a 30 day written notice.
>>>

>> First off, I would not rely on Houdini's verbal statements
>> to override the cancellation penalty in a contract.  Secondly, if I chose
>> to do business with  Houdini's company I would want a written addendum
>> overriding the cancellation provision in the contract with a revised
>> cancellation provision.
>>
>> Remember that contracts are enforceable in court and the judge won't put
>> much stock in what you claim were Houdini's ramblings about how he
>> doesn't really enforce some provisions of the contract.  Put it in
>> writing.  That way you won't have spend a lot of time later on Usenet or
>> talk radio whining about how you were taken advantage of by some bottom
>> feeding company.
>

> Speaking of "bottom feeders", perhaps you should go back to posting as
> yourself...  Before you become confused again.

I have no idea who the hell you are babbling about.

Speaking of confused, let me say that anyone who signs a recurring services
contract without reading it is really confused.  But that's the kind of
confused that you probably like, eh Olson?

If we would read, understand, and live up to the contracts we sign it would
be a better world for everyone.