Re: hello

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

> it shouldnt be unrealistic to believe you
> can treat folks with respect, and be treated with respect....even
> when you disagree.
>

>> someone (not necessarily me) is eventually going to chew him up and
>> spit him out.
>
> i learn when i can, teach when i can, and share when i can but ive
> _never_ taken usenet THAT seriously.

Nathan, you seem like an OK guy, so I'll take the time.
You're right: it shouldn't be unrealistic to believe that. The trouble is
that there is evil here. One jackass in Florida has poisoned this group for
years. He brings out the worst in people, lives to belittle and besmirch the
security industry, while he shamelessly hawks his own online security
"store".  About 95% of the people in this group, and others outside the
group who know him, see him as an insufferable prick. When he posts one of
his "pearls"  here, most of us roll our eyes. You don't see it because
you're new. You need to have been here for a long time to know.  That's what
is meant by "your naiveté." That's ok, many others before you have come and
gone, and tried to get along with him. Many good, bright people no longer
post here. Occasionally he will leave for a while, and the group heals to
become a pretty nice place. Then like a recurring cancer, he's back. No one
knows why he does this, but my guess is that he was so unsuccessful in his
own attempt at the alarm business years ago, that he became bitter. Now he
is so jealous of other successful security people, that he must denigrate
them to feel better about himself. Some of the others here have said and
done some pretty outrageous things, myself included. I make no excuses, but
offer the explanation that most here would be a lot happier if he just went
away and left us alone. Personally, I don't much care what he says anymore,
and very rarely respond to his outrageous drivel. I don't often even read
what he posts. To me, he's like an unwelcome party guest who stands outside
the window, showing his ass to attract attention to himself. Chew him up and
spit him out? Heh, go for it, just keep the listerine handy.

So welcome to the group, I'm glad to see you. But just save the kumbaya
stuff, OK?

--
js

- The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
( Also, the harder they bite, punch, and kick.)