Re: Google Robert L Bass

Just Looking wrote:
> Sorry to hear about your mother. I never read any of what Bass wrote or did
> in that regard. I never thought of Bass as a saint, or myself as one either
> for that matter. I think that until Jim gets a little further down the road,
> it might be a good idea to avoid anything that could even remotely have a
> chance at harming him any more.

So I'm supposed to sit back and let that piece of scum impugn my
character with half-truths and innuendo for something that could take
years to resolve?  Heh...  Right.

A long time ago, someone here tried the same thing (suggested a
"truce").  It actually worked for about a month and a half and then Bass
started flooding the group with "INFO", "PR", and "FAQ" messages.  He
took advantage of the "lull" to carefully craft a campaign that was
designed to restart the flame wars, only on his terms, and with himself
carefully positioned as the "victim".  It was a brilliant marketing
move.  Bass played this group like Mozart could a Steinway Grand.  Since
then, we've all gotten a little wiser and recognize him for what he is.
  A master baiter and manipulator.  He doesn't belong in this forum and
he certainly doesn't belong in this trade.