Re: Outdoor motion detection help

> I've used paradox units in the past, the company has pretty good tech support as well. Something to seriously consider, I wasn't
> aware they had outdoor units.

They (Paradox) make a model DG85 which I sell
online.  I've sold a few hundred of them with very
few problems.  They will false, however, if you
aim them at moving foliage.  Here's a link (my
website) for additional info on them:
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/product_726_detailed.htm

If your problem is with vehicular traffic rather than
people, consider using a driveway monitor. Cartell,
Mier Products, Sure Action and Winland all make
magnetometer-based detectors that can easily be
integrated with your video recording system.

Optex makes a decent PIR-based, wireless outdoor
motion detector called a Wireless 1000 that we've
for the purpose.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass