Re: Outdoor motion detection help

Just Looking wrote:
>> I had some bad experiences with early Rokonet >products.
>
> I never use Rokonet. I pull them out when I see one (because I am there to
> fix a problem they've created). They false, have poor catch performance, and
> poor reliability. Other than that they're great. I am sure some folks here
> love them and will say I am committing blasphemy against Rokonet. If I can't
> say much good about the line, I can say that the factory rep is a nice guy.

The Rokonet 6000's looked like good units...  They had a look-down zone
and everything.  A "snap" to install and walktest, but the strange thing
about them was the fact that after about five minutes of no activity in
the room, they'd "fall asleep".  You could walk from one side of the
room to the other and they wouldn't "blink".  When you walked back, all
of a sudden they'd "perk up".  We replaced a bunch with Paradox units...
  Never bought Rokonet again.