Re: Intresting alarm Commercail Cleveland TV

Yeah, for quite awhile now, I've also been "cherry picking" the
accounts I'll take on too. After awhile, you get a good feel for the
ones that give you the most bang for your buck. Leave the troublesome
ones for someone else.

Some just don't give you the up front profit margin for time expended
either, versus spending labour somewhere else where you can pick up
the same level of RMR for a lot less time and effort. Also, some of
the pre wire companies do a good job, many others don't. After awhile
you begin to know which company does a good job, and their project
homes make for good installations with no follow up troubles because
of poor wiring and drywall nail problems.

Takeovers can be a good source of revenue (and troubles) if you don't
preview the job before deciding to take it on. Most ADT customers have
alarm systems that have been pretty well done, and are a delight to
take over. Most of these customers have been so conditioned to paying
excessive prices for monitoring and service, that the biggest problem
is to convince the client that you can do a far better job for less
than half the price they're paying !! (ironic isn't it...) On the
other hand, some  of the smaller companies around don't seem to apply
the same dilligence to the quality of their installations and these
systems present much more of a "risk" (but not all of course...)

But I guess we all only find out these kinds of things after a few
years in the business. I like to think of it as working smarter, not
harder.....

RHC