Re: Intresting alarm Commercail Cleveland TV

On May 30, 12:08=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeah, for quite awhile now, I've also been "cherry picking" the
> accounts I'll take on too. After awhile, you get a good feel for the
> ones that give you the most bang for your buck. Leave the troublesome
> ones for someone else.
>
> Some just don't give you the up front profit margin for time expended
> either, versus spending labour somewhere else where you can pick up
> the same level of RMR for a lot less time and effort. Also, some of
> the pre wire companies do a good job, many others don't. After awhile
> you begin to know which company does a good job, and their project
> homes make for good installations with no follow up troubles because
> of poor wiring and drywall nail problems.
>
> Takeovers can be a good source of revenue (and troubles) if you don't
> preview the job before deciding to take it on. Most ADT customers have
> alarm systems that have been pretty well done, and are a delight to
> take over. Most of these customers have been so conditioned to paying
> excessive prices for monitoring and service, that the biggest problem
> is to convince the client that you can do a far better job for less
> than half the price they're paying !! (ironic isn't it...) On the
> other hand, some =A0of the smaller companies around don't seem to apply
> the same dilligence to the quality of their installations and these
> systems present much more of a "risk" (but not all of course...)
>
> But I guess we all only find out these kinds of things after a few
> years in the business. I like to think of it as working smarter, not
> harder.....
>
> RHC

Of course the problem is ..... some people take longer to learn what's
smart and what's not.

Working smarter is good. But so is working hard. If nothing else,
working hard places a higher value on what it is that you derive from
your vocation. A very smart man once taught me a lesson that's held
true in both my business and personal affairs. " If ya get it for
nuthin, it's worth nuthin"

However, I've always been an advocate of working smarter and harder.

I've come in contact with many people who do work smarter, with the
purpose of leaving them with time to persue what they really want to
do. I'm fortunate in being someone who is doing what I really want to
do. Being in that position, the harder/smarter attitude puts you in a
unique category of successful people.
Some people would describe that as greed or compulsive or whatever. I
describe it as contentment, self satisfaction, and being happy with my
lifes choices.

Go figure.