Re: Difference between digital phone and VOIP

On Jun 14, 11:42?pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Robert I'm going to give you a little help here
>
> > The Lobenn unit will not allow you to down load. It also has some
> > other inconsistancies which I cant remember what they are right now. I
> > tested their unit some time ago and rejected it. They were telling me
> > a year ago that they were going to fix all the problems and were
> > seeking listing on the product and to this day, they haven't. They are
> > a very small and new company and personally, I would not invest any
> > time or effort in their product.
>
> Actually you can download with it, any format seems to work and it will work
> with 2-way voice
>
> I've been playing with the whole setup for months. I never ran into any
> problems other than some noise with 2-way voice but then again I've got v2
> equipment so it sounds like they DID fix whatever problems you had?

I was working with V1

It had another problem too, but for the life of me, I can't remember
what it was. Maybe they fixed that too.

> > I havent used it yet but I understand that DSC has an internet/
> > wireless communicator that seems more like what the industry is
> > looking for. Only time will tell, of course. Although their receivers
> > are top of the line, and popular with central stations, unfortunately,
> > DSC is fighting an up hill battle, reputation wise, in the realm of
> > installing companies.
>
> That would be the GS3055, it looks interesting, as far as DSC's reputation a
> lot of companies will go with them for the simple fact they are damn simple
> and quick to hand program unlike umm.....heh

Sure, and they do a quater the things a Napco panel will do. Dumb is
as dumb does.  You sure must have a lot of idiot customers.
I don't know of anyone in my area that still does keypad programing on
any sizeable panel.

> > Napco has a unit too.
>
> StarLink? Played with that one too
>
> > Here's another little tidbit. The new Ademco GSM radio, is a  ......
> > get this now ..... a 9 volt unit and can't be powered from the control
> > panel. How about THAT for engineering for the alarm industry?
>
> Wrong, it's 9 volts to 16.5, it just originally came with a 9 volt
> transformer, they will soon come with 16.5 and can be powered indirectly
> through the panel using the included transformer in a daisy chain setup-

What are you ..... contrary Mary?

I said it's a 9 volt unit and can't be powered from the control panel.

You said it's 9 volts to 16.5 and can be indirectly powered through a
daisy chain setup.

How is that different than what I said?  Anything can be indrectly
powered from anything else if you add some sort of conversion of
energy device.

Is it a 12vcd unit?  No.  Can it be powered from the control panel?
No.
Can it use the control panel standby battery?   No.

Only if you have a converter an inverter a daisy chain, a 16.5 volt
source a hand generator, and a piece of silk and a glass rod and a
penny in some lemon juice.
Jeeeeeeeze!