Re: Difference between digital phone and VOIP

> On Jun 14, 11:42?pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Robert I'm going to give you a little help here
> >
> > > The Lobenn unit will not allow you to down load. It also has some
> > > other inconsistancies which I cant remember what they are right now. I
> > > tested their unit some time ago and rejected it. They were telling me
> > > a year ago that they were going to fix all the problems and were
> > > seeking listing on the product and to this day, they haven't. They are
> > > a very small and new company and personally, I would not invest any
> > > time or effort in their product.
> >
> > Actually you can download with it, any format seems to work and it will
work
> > with 2-way voice
> >
> > I've been playing with the whole setup for months. I never ran into any
> > problems other than some noise with 2-way voice but then again I've got
v2
> > equipment so it sounds like they DID fix whatever problems you had?
>
> I was working with V1
>
> It had another problem too, but for the life of me, I can't remember
> what it was. Maybe they fixed that too.

Since I never played with V1 I don't know what problems they had either

> > That would be the GS3055, it looks interesting, as far as DSC's
reputation a
> > lot of companies will go with them for the simple fact they are damn
simple
> > and quick to hand program unlike umm.....heh
>
> Sure, and they do a quater the things a Napco panel will do. Dumb is
> as dumb does.  You sure must have a lot of idiot customers.
> I don't know of anyone in my area that still does keypad programing on
> any sizeable panel.
> >
> > > Napco has a unit too.
> >
> > StarLink? Played with that one too
> >
> > > Here's another little tidbit. The new Ademco GSM radio, is a  ......
> > > get this now ..... a 9 volt unit and can't be powered from the control
> > > panel. How about THAT for engineering for the alarm industry?
> >
> > Wrong, it's 9 volts to 16.5, it just originally came with a 9 volt
> > transformer, they will soon come with 16.5 and can be powered indirectly
> > through the panel using the included transformer in a daisy chain setup-
>
> I said it's a 9 volt unit and can't be powered from the control panel.
>
> You said it's 9 volts to 16.5 and can be indirectly powered through a
> daisy chain setup.
>
> How is that different than what I said?  Anything can be indrectly
> powered from anything else if you add some sort of conversion of
> energy device.

The transformer goes to the panel then the GSM radio daisy chained, I agree
with you tho that it didn't make sense to not make it powered by the aux bus
considering it uses less power than the old unit that could be powered by
the panel however one thing I've seen a lot of with cell units of all brands
is people tend to overload the panel, for that reason alone I'd rather it
have it's own power supply like TelGuard

BTW Was StarLink what you were talking about?

> Is it a 12vcd unit?  No.  Can it be powered from the control panel?
> No.

Yes to the second part

> Can it use the control panel standby battery?   No.

It doesn't need one, it has it's own

> Only if you have a converter an inverter a daisy chain, a 16.5 volt
> source a hand generator, and a piece of silk and a glass rod and a
> penny in some lemon juice.
> Jeeeeeeeze!

Uh yea I guess, who's being the contrary Mary?