Re: Difference between digital phone and VOIP

On Jun 14, 6:49?am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Only in a cursury fashion to be quite honest. I am working closely
> with a small development company in the process of designing an IP
> communication unit called Lobenn. At the moment, they are going
> through the lengthy process of getting ULC approval. I am one of
> several alarm companies they interface with for information, trialing
> equipment, and (in my case)  the loan of alarm panels.
>
> It would appear to be a decent unit; however, it will require a
> specialized receiver at the station to transfer signals to the regular
> receivers, so this may turn out to be somewhat of a "chicken and egg"
> scenario. Big stations don't move too quickly, so it remains to be
> seen about the "buyin".
>
> I'm taking a "wait and see" approach to this whole thing, since I
> don't want or need technical problems of that nature haunting me and
> my clients.
>
> RHC
>
> On Jun 14, 4:20 am, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > > Personally, I'll wait until then......
>
> > Bob,

Robert I'm going to give you a little help here

The Lobenn unit will not allow you to down load. It also has some
other inconsistancies which I cant remember what they are right now. I
tested their unit some time ago and rejected it. They were telling me
a year ago that they were going to fix all the problems and were
seeking listing on the product and to this day, they haven't. They are
a very small and new company and personally, I would not invest any
time or effort in their product.

I havent used it yet but I understand that DSC has an internet/
wireless communicator that seems more like what the industry is
looking for. Only time will tell, of course. Although their receivers
are top of the line, and popular with central stations, unfortunately,
DSC is fighting an up hill battle, reputation wise, in the realm of
installing companies.

Napco has a unit too.

Here's another little tidbit. The new Ademco GSM radio, is a  ......
get this now ..... a 9 volt unit and can't be powered from the control
panel. How about THAT for engineering for the alarm industry?