Re: Difference between digital phone and VOIP

Ain't that the truth ! If a client comes to me for a new installation
and he has VoIP, I simply won't do it. If he changes later without
consulting me, he signs the liability of exclusion (up on my website),
or he finds another supplier - no exceptions!

The few VoIP installs that I have chosen to make work have all been
set for automatic daily tests. The daily reports on these systems I
watch like a hawk, and most will check in ok with the station about 5
days out of 7 successfully. The other two days...who knows.

I'm pretty hard nosed about this part of our business. Unless a
customer is serious about his security, I don't want his business
(besides, I'm also "cherry picking" these days - not looking to buy
troubles)  VoIP is not yet IMO adequate for the job - maybe one day,
but not today. Besides, there are IP connection devices that are both
here now, and being developed, that promise reliability in the
future.

Personally, I'll wait until then......

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products