Re: Adding programmable keypads

> You know.. all you have to do is call Robert Bass -
> he will teach you everything there is to know about
> any alarm system, plus how to wire it too.  He says
> it takes about 2 hours.  It took me 16 years...

Does that 16 year period include time between jobs?

Everyone has his strengths and his weaknesses.
I'm good at teaching people how to install and
program alarm and home automation systems. That
is due in part to having spent over 30 years in the
industry (without ever having been fired).

I understand Honeywell systems well enough to get
by but I'm much stronger with Napco.

On Friday I walked a DIYer through programming a
Napco Gemini P9600 system with over 30 zones.
It took 10 minutes to walk the gentleman through
downloading, installing and configuring the software.
Next we spent about 35 minutes programming the
entire system (he had already figured out how to
configure the keypads and zone expanders before
he called).  The system worked perfectly on the
first download.