Re: Adding programmable keypads

jabrams4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I have 4 keypads (only using three) for an Ademco Vista 50ADT.  Two of
>the keypads are the 6139's, so they were already set up for me.  I am
>trying to add the 6137.  In the device programming mode, how do I
>determine the device ID, I tried assigning it ID #2, and of course
>fixed type 02, however I just get random words on the display.  Part
>of the upper half of the first two character word, then the word
>"Away", In addition on the display BAT is shown, and both ready and
>armed are lit.  I used the 6139 to program it.  Do I program it with
>the keypad connected (6137) or unplugged.  The other keypad which I
>did not try to program, as it doesn't have the connector is the 6139B
>(larger portrait shaped keypad).  That one beeped continuously with no
>display message, and both ready and armed flashing and sounding.  I'm
>not sure if that keypad actually came with the arm as it is branded
>ADT.

You need access to installer mode programming to tell the panel that a
new address exists.  That said, programming of device address is begun
at the device - power down the KP and press 1+3 together, than input
it's addy.

Since you are totally lost by now, and under contract by ADT - you
should not fuck with it.

BTW - "ID#2" won't work.  You can't just pick an address randomly. You
have to know what other devices are occupying those addresses. The
panel does not see address 2 on the ECP loop.

RTFM