Adding programmable keypads

I have 4 keypads (only using three) for an Ademco Vista 50ADT.  Two of
the keypads are the 6139's, so they were already set up for me.  I am
trying to add the 6137.  In the device programming mode, how do I
determine the device ID, I tried assigning it ID #2, and of course
fixed type 02, however I just get random words on the display.  Part
of the upper half of the first two character word, then the word
"Away", In addition on the display BAT is shown, and both ready and
armed are lit.  I used the 6139 to program it.  Do I program it with
the keypad connected (6137) or unplugged.  The other keypad which I
did not try to program, as it doesn't have the connector is the 6139B
(larger portrait shaped keypad).  That one beeped continuously with no
display message, and both ready and armed flashing and sounding.  I'm
not sure if that keypad actually came with the arm as it is branded
ADT.