Re: Adding programmable keypads

On Jun 11, 11:23?am, "Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms>
wrote:
> > You know.. all you have to do is call Robert Bass -
> > he will teach you everything there is to know about
> > any alarm system, plus how to wire it too.  He says
> > it takes about 2 hours.  It took me 16 years...
>
> Does that 16 year period include time between jobs?
>
> Everyone has his strengths and his weaknesses.
> I'm good at teaching people how to install and
> program alarm and home automation systems. That
> is due in part to having spent over 30 years in the
> industry

Wait, I thought it was 26 years. No ....no ....wasn't
it 28 years?   Ummmm  .... how could that be, you
weren't licensed for .... what was it(?)  5 years?  or
was that 7 years?  And when did you install your
last system?  That had to be about 15 years ago
by now. Ya think any of this equipment has changed
since then?

(without ever having been fired).

Yeah ..... we know. You were too busy trying to "fire" at
someone else.

> I understand Honeywell systems well enough to get
> by but I'm much stronger with Napco.

Uhhhh .... when did you say you last installed a system?
Let's see now .... can you tell us what the recent hardware
changes are on some of the wireless transmitters?  What
makes them a little easier to install now?  Oh .... that's
right, you don't actually ever get to "touch" the equipment
you just drop ship it and teach people over the phone how
to install a system the way it used to be installed 15 years
ago.

> On Friday I walked a DIYer through programming a
> Napco Gemini P9600 system with over 30 zones.
> It took 10 minutes to walk the gentleman through
> downloading, installing and configuring the software.
> Next we spent about 35 minutes programming the
> entire system (he had already figured out how to
> configure the keypads and zone expanders before
> he called).  The system worked perfectly on the
> first download.

Yep ..... uh huh!

And you're not going to die of cancer .... too.