Re: Att: Bob La Londe

On Jul 21, 8:08 pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The US has federal laws with which I'm sure you're
> familiar.  There are also a maze of complicated
> state laws regarding open carrying, concealed
> carrying, carrying within a vehicle, etc.  It's no
> problem if you stay in one place but traveling
> around the country with guns on a bike could be
> um, interesting.

RHC: No, I don't ever expect to be driving on the motorcycle with
firearms. I'll leave that to all my Panama City Beach buddies to do
(and most are packing by the way).

By Canadian law, each handgun has to be in a locked compartment (with
two padlocks), and also be separately secured with a trigger lock.
Ammo has to be in a locked container as well, and separate from the
firearm. Then it all has to be in a locked trunk of a vehicle, and out
of sight. I expect to cross the various States going to Florida with
them secured that way in the back of the van, so they won't be
accessible. I doubt that would cause any trouble with local
authorities.Others that I shoot with (who travel world wide with their
firearms) tell me if you adhere to Canadian guidelines at all times,
you will likely never have a problem. And when I visit the US shooting
clubs, it will be with the van, not the bike, and with the firearms
secured in that fashion.

Lord knows, no one can sort of the confusing myriad of gun laws that
exist everywhere. It seems there are only three things in life that
are certain...death, taxes and bad gun laws.....

Cheers !

RHC