Re: Att: Bob La Londe

Wow, the M109 is a real handful of motorcycle Bob. A lot different
than your Bergy. I would love a trip down through the Everglades with
you next year. I will be in Florida from 15 Jan and down to Tampa area
about 15th of March for a couple of weeks visit with a friend and his
wife. It's only about 20 minutes from Sarasota, so I will be sure to
get over there again to see your new ride. Plus I'll be around for a
couple of weeks, so we could schedule a longer ride - maybe even an
overnighter - if you are around at that time.

My best riding buddy just got back into the riding game again after
five years of absence. He spent a long time choosing his bike and
bought a Bergman as well. He loves it but finds the ride a bit choppy
for his 60 year old back. I think he's going to move to a Harley
Softail which he seems to be talking about a lot these days. We're
planning a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway this fall providing he
keeps a bike long enough for us to go...:))

Also, I understand Bob Lalonde's frustration in getting and keeping
good people. I am lucky to have my son to do all the hard slogging,
and he's a fine installer and excellent with people. And I know he
won't be leaving me, since he will be taking over in the next couple
of years as planned.

Business couldn't be better !! We've reached out a couple of times to
find good help, but trained people are just not available. There are
subs out there, but I won't ever use them except in a dire emergency
(and I don't have those). So we'll stay with what he can comfortably
install each week and I'll continue to do the service and takeovers.

Recently, I've become active in competitive action pistol shooting
after intensive training to get my Black Badge rating. In the US they
call it USPCA, but in Canada it's ISPC. I spent a bundle on a couple
of high end 1911 Kimber's (45 and 9mm) plus the necessary gear to
shoot competitively. I'm going through the onerous process of getting
all the permits from the ATF to import them plus the ammo into the
USA, and I hope to bring them down with me when I come. I have
invitations from a number of shooting clubs in Florida which is also
handy if you also need to convince border guards you have no bad
intentions (most of them don't have a clue what the laws are).
Surprisingly, the Canadian authorities are very helpful and easy to
get along with, and I have the necessary permits to transport and
compete within Canada now....it's a real blast, and the most legal fun
I've ever had with a handgun. It's almost becoming an
addiction.....:)))

Good to hear things are looking up for you vis a vis the health
situation. I look forward to meeting your wife next year when I come
down too since she wasn't there the last time. I wish you well and
hope all continues to work out for you.

Best wishes my friend

RHC

On Jul 17, 6:23 pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW, I bought a new bike yesterday.  I really enjoyed the
> Burgman but wanted something with a bit more juice to it.
> After researching online and visiting various dealers I
> settled on a Suzuki M109R Limited.  I'll send a pic when
> I get the time.
>
> The M109 is a lot more to handle but I'm getting the hang
> of it.  It corners very well -- better than I expected.  It
> accelerates really well but it's not designed to compete
> with crotch rockets.  I took it up to about 110 for a few
> seconds and it's rock stable -- not rear tire drift like the
> Burgman.
>
> Next time Bob C comes down here we'll have to tour,
> maybe the Everglades or something.  You ever been?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>