Re: Att: Bob La Londe

> I looked at the 109.  Its a nice ride.
> I think next time I decide to change bikes I'm going back to Harley myself.
> The new 96 in motor has decent HP and incredible torque.

I looked at Harleys but they were way more
expensive for the amount of bike you get.
I don't really know but I suspect they
command the price mainly due to brand
loyalty.

>> The M109 is a lot more to handle but I'm
>> getting the hang of it.  It corners very well
>> -- better than I expected.  It accelerates
>> really well but it's not designed to compete
>> with crotch rockets.  I took it up to about
>> 110 for a few seconds and it's rock stable
>> -- no rear tire drift like the Burgman.
>
> Not that I want to put down your Burgman,
> but now you understand what a real
> motorcycle rides like.  LOL.

Well, there's no denying that the M109R is
a totally different class of motorcycle than
any scooter -- even a Burgman 650.  Just
the same, I seriously considered keeping
both.  The Burgman is a lot of fun and it can
carry home nearly two bags of groceries.  :^)

>> Next time Bob C comes down here we'll
>> have to tour, maybe the Everglades or
>> something.  You ever been?
>
> Nope.  Wanna buy an alarm company?

Absolutely not!  Been there, done that,
got the T-shirt.  One of the things I love
about being an online dealer is the freedom
to go wherever I want whenever I feel the
urge.

> Then I'd have the time to do a few things.
> Its tough.  I've pretty much given up on
> finding the right guy to work for me that I
> can trust to get things done...

I understand.  For over 20 years I rarely
took vacations and almost never went
anywhere for more than a week.  I had a
few regular subs and several employees
who stayed with me for many years, but
there wasn't anyone who could really
take the helm in my absence.

I figure I've led a more interesting life than
most men my age.  I've been to every state
in the lower 48, traveled a bit outside the US
and had a *lot* of adventures over the years.
My youthful itinerary included Woodstock,
the DNC in Chicago, body painting in a disco
in Philadelphia, etc. [**that** was fun].

Last year when I found out I had cancer I
began to consider some of the things I've
wanted to do but had put off.  Learning to
ride and going fishing in the Amazon were
not exactly high priority but they're things I
would really like to do.

Soooo, I bought a couple of bikes and now
I'm making plans for that trip to Manaus
and beyond.  Later this summer I'm going
to try skydiving.  What the heck, you only
live once...  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass