Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

Perhaps, I guess time and experience with the new methodology will
reveal what customers prefer. Since I don't have commercial customer
who have cleaners screwing things up, I likely won't be getting any of
those 3 am calls. But I know Reg sure will, and I still believe this
may end up being a problem.

BTW, I did get a lengthy reply back from the VP of Customer Relations
from Paradox indicating that they have NOT de-standardized the Spectra
1738 and it will continue to be available from distributors for the
foreseeable future, concurrent with the new lines. This is what I
would have expected the company to have done. Unfortunately, that is
NOT the facts as the distributors understand them, nor those at
Paradox Technical Support within their company. I suggested he might
want to clear up this confusion both within his own company and with
his distributors and their dealers.

I bought one of the new 6000 series panels along with the LED keypad
for my son to install in his home. He wants to play with it to ensure
that it will work for us. Also, it seems there is an LCD keypad coming
out, just not available yet at distributors. He also stated they will
continue to honour their 2 year warranty on boards even after the 1738
is fully out of production (which won't happen until sales drop of the
older Spectra 1738's by a factor of 80%)

It sure sounds like there is major confusion within the company, and a
major "disconnect" with what the distributors tell both Reg and I ( I
hope this gentleman is correct; I really don't want to abandon this
line of panels !! )  At the moment, the 1738 is currently not
available anywhere in Canada as far as I can tell.

Actions speak louder than words everytime so I guess we shall see.....

Cheers !!

RHC

On Jul 7, 12:22 pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob,
>
> In this (rare) case I have to agree with Doug.
> Besides, it makes no differnce what Reg, you
> or I think.  It makes a *lot* of difference what
> your customers think.
>
> Pushing one more button, clearly labeled as
> to function, is not an onerous burden.  Many
> customers may prefer having a choice of
> "Home", "Away", "Disarmed" or whatever.
> It can actually make the procedure less
> confusing in many cases.
>
> I recall the days when digital keypads began
> to replace kew switches or (worse) hidden
> on/off switches.  One panel had LEDs to
> indicate "Ready" or "Armed" and a switch for
> "Delay" or "Instant".  People used to screw
> it up all the time.  Once the keypads began
> coming with all the controls it became much
> easier to teach families how to operate their
> new systems.
>
> As you know, I like Napco Security systems.
> I've installed hundreds of them over the years
> and sold thousands more online to DIYers
> who don't want a professional installation.
> The most popular Napco keypad among
> do-it-yourselfers is the RP1-CAe2 with custom
> English display. Users can select between:
>
> - Armed
> - Armed with Interior 1 Off
> - Armed with Interior 2 Off
> - Armed with  Interior 1+2 Off
> - Disarmed
>
> They can also manually bypass any zone or
> zones they choose before arming the system.
>
> There is a simpler version of this keypad
> called the GEM-K1CA with Stay / Away Keys.
> At first I expected this simpler model to be
> more popular with DIYers.  In fact, the
> opposite was true.  Most prefer the RP1-CAe2.
> We have detailed specs on these and other
> Napco keypads in our online store at:http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/nap=
co_gemini_rp_series_keypads_12_ct...