Re: here we go again- FIOS

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:sZSdnX2nJtDGfjPYnZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> BTW, I called my telco provider in Brazil to reactivate my phone lines and
DSL
> (1 Gig upload / 3+ download).

What exactly do these figures represent?  If it's "speed", you expect us to
believe that a third world country has better DSL than what's available in
North America?

According to www.dslreports.com/archive only one ISP in Brazil comes close
to the "download" connection speeds you've boasted.

> They report that they
> finished the connection today.  I'll know for certain when I arrive but
that's
> one heck of a lot faster than Verizon in south Florida.

I'd suggest you "review" their speed claims when you're there too (and
demand a discount if they can't provide it):

                                                 "Down"
"Up"
www.virtua.com.br                  1232 kbps             308 kbps
www.veloxzone.com.br            968  kbps              257 kbps
www.brasiltelecom.net.br         647  kbps              333 kbps
www.vivax.com.br                  3144 kbps             484 kbps
www.telesp.net.br                     615 kbps              98 kbps
www.gvt.net.br                         689 kbps             191 kbps

> The last time took them almost a month and they still had problems.  It's
> sad state of affairs when one of the largest
> providers in the USA is being outdone by a 3rd world telco.

Not quite as sad as some ninny lying about it all...