Re: here we go again- FIOS

24 hours of backup should be fine.  If it handles alarm signals at least as well as POTS they've got a winner.  The only problem
remaining I can see is it's Verizon.  I don't know how well they perform in your neck of the woods but down here their service is
pretty bad.

BTW, I called my telco provider in Brazil to reactivate my phone lines and DSL (1 Gig upload / 3+ download).  They report that they
finished the connection today.  I'll know for certain when I arrive but that's one heck of a lot faster than Verizon in south
Florida.  The last time took them almost a month and they still had problems.  It's a sad state of affairs when one of the largest
providers in the USA is being outdone by a 3rd world telco.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics