Re: here we go again- FIOS

>> BTW, I called my telco provider in Brazil
>> to reactivate my phone lines and DSL
>> (1 Gig upload / 3+ download).
>
> What exactly do these figures represent?

I meant to type I called my telco provider in Brazil last week, etc.

> If it's "speed", you expect us to believe that
> a third world country has better DSL than
> what's available in North America?

No.  They offer pretty much the same speeds and QOS.  The difference is they can complete the order faster than Verizon.

> According to www.dslreports.com/archive
> only one ISP in Brazil comes close to the
> "download" connection speeds you've
> boasted.

The provider I use has already demonstrated better speeds than what you quoted.  However, that was not the point.  I was simply
surprised, not to mention pleased, that they were able to get us connected so quickly, especially after the ridiculously long wait
to get Verizon to do anything.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass