Re: Should I have the alarm keypad installed in the coat closet?

On Feb 24, 12:50 am, anonymous <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
There several  reasons why this is not a good idea. Perhaps the
biggest problem this will create on a day to day operational basis, is
that people entering the home will not hear the entry delay, and this
will often cause false trips of the alarm. I can almost guarantee this
will be one of the end results of hiding the keypad. Now depending
upon the setup with your monitoring station, this could cause false
police dispatches.

I would strongly suggest you NOT do this, based on my own experiences
with takeover systems where this was done. I have had to move several
keypads because of this

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
www.homemetal.com