Should I have the alarm keypad installed in the coat closet?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to have a fairly basic hardwired residential alarm system
installed in my home. I'm thinking of having the installer mount it
inside the coat closet by the outside door, instead of out in the open
on the wall by the door, for two reasons: (1) This should prevent our
young children from playing with it. With its buttons and lights, Im
sure they'll want to play with it. If we mount it a bit out of their
reach, they'll get a chair. If we mount it higher than they can reach
with a chair, then my wife won't easily be able to reach it, and it will
probably look strange anyway. (2) I've read that sometimes uneducated
burglars, upon breaking in, immediately destroy the keypad or rip it off
the wall, because they think it will prevent a call to the police. That
would cost me money. If it's in the closet, I suppose they're less
likely to find it or bother with it. What are your thoughts? Thanks for
your time.