Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Edmund Fitzgerald" <EF@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "alarman" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > The helpdesk wrote
> >
> > Frank, I've never said this to you before, but you are a fucking idiot.
> >
> > --
>
> Right.
>
> I had some correspondence from a friend in British Columbia who told me
his
> "test results" confirming that he needed gall bladder surgery finally
> arrived after he had endured three months of waiting in pain.  Now he
thinks
> it may be another six months wait for the surgery.  He's considering a
> little vacation to Bangkok with gall bladder surgery on the side.  The
> requirements for Just Fine Free Canadian Health Care seem to be a high
> degree of patience coupled with a high degree of  pain tolerance.  The
> foreign travel requirement for emergency treatment is interesting but
hardly
> a benefit for most Canadians I suspect.  For reasons we can't fathom,
> Michael Moore doesn't go to either Canada or Cuba for his health care.  He
> uses, can you believe this, the USA's horrible facilities
> for his  health care.  I think he's as crazy as a Canadian Loon.

That kind of thing always happens with government subsidized healthcare,
just like Social Security the system gets so overloaded and impossible to
fund and the only solution is to throttle back the care resulting in long
wait times for critical procedures

Same thing happens in the UK, they have subsidized care AND a pay-as-you go

> Edmund

Didn't you sink in the late 70's?