Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"alarman" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> The helpdesk wrote
>>> Government Health Care??  You mean spend your tax dollars on
>>> something besides weapons of mass destruction??  Perish the thought.
>>> Your economy would really "tank" then (or you'd all become
>>> Canadian).  :-)
>
> Frank, I've never said this to you before, but you are a fucking idiot.
>
> --

Right.

I had some correspondence from a friend in British Columbia who told me his
"test results" confirming that he needed gall bladder surgery finally
arrived after he had endured three months of waiting in pain.  Now he thinks
it may be another six months wait for the surgery.  He's considering a
little vacation to Bangkok with gall bladder surgery on the side.  The
requirements for Just Fine Free Canadian Health Care seem to be a high
degree of patience coupled with a high degree of  pain tolerance.  The
foreign travel requirement for emergency treatment is interesting but hardly
a benefit for most Canadians I suspect.  For reasons we can't fathom,
Michael Moore doesn't go to either Canada or Cuba for his health care.  He
uses, can you believe this, the USA's horrible facilities
for his  health care.  I think he's as crazy as a Canadian Loon.

Anyway, as we say down here,  if you think your health care is expensive now
just wait until it's free.

And Frank, as far as protecting your passivist ass is concerned what you've
got going for you is us and our weapons, your brave military, and that
really scary flag with the maple tree leaf on it.

You have my best wishes for your good health and security in the coming
year.

Regards.

Edmund