Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

Edmund Fitzgerald wrote:

> Right.
>
> I had some correspondence from a friend in British Columbia who told me his
> "test results" confirming that he needed gall bladder surgery finally
> arrived after he had endured three months of waiting in pain.  Now he thinks
> it may be another six months wait for the surgery.  He's considering a
> little vacation to Bangkok with gall bladder surgery on the side.  The
> requirements for Just Fine Free Canadian Health Care seem to be a high
> degree of patience coupled with a high degree of  pain tolerance.

When I had a gall bladder attack, I managed to jump that queue somehow.
  My doctor got it done as an "emergency procedure".  I had to wait
about six hours for a surgery to open.

> The
> foreign travel requirement for emergency treatment is interesting but hardly
> a benefit for most Canadians I suspect.  For reasons we can't fathom,
> Michael Moore doesn't go to either Canada or Cuba for his health care.  He
> uses, can you believe this, the USA's horrible facilities
> for his  health care.  I think he's as crazy as a Canadian Loon.
>
> Anyway, as we say down here,  if you think your health care is expensive now
> just wait until it's free.
>
> And Frank, as far as protecting your passivist ass is concerned what you've
> got going for you is us and our weapons,

Don't think so.  We've also got the Queen (Earth Mother), Brian "The
Chin" Mulroney, and Roberto Luongo.

> your brave military,

You forgot to mention the RCMP.

> and that
> really scary flag with the maple tree leaf on it.

The maple leaf isn't all that scary.  The BC flag is.  It's got the
"rising sun" emblem in it.  You remember that, don't you??  ;-)

> You have my best wishes for your good health and security in the coming
> year.

And you have mine.  If you need emergency surgery, you can always join a
line-up here.