Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> That is not what I said.  If one of my accounts came
> in with a wrong Caller ID we would have known about
> it and dealt with it before it became a problem.  That's
> what daily test sighnals are for.

No daily test signals show that a panel is communicating, when you receive
an alarm signal you don't stop the dispatch, go through alarm history, note
what phone number the last test signal came from before you dispatch,
instead you dispatch then ask questions later

Then again maybe there are other reasons why you no longer own a central
station

> Caller ID.  The only exception is if he moves the panel
> and keeps his original phone number.  I don't recall
> that ever having happened to one of our accounts
> though I'm sure it could happen.  In such a case the
> CS would of course dispatch to the address on file.

Gee thats what we have been saying all along, welcome aboard!

> I programmed our systems to report on power restoral.
> We used an alternate line card for those signals to
> avoid overloading the emergency lines during/after
> storms.

One line card eh? <snicker>