Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

> No daily test signals show that a panel is communicating,
> when you receive an alarm signal you don't stop the
> dispatch, go through alarm history, note what phone
> number the last test signal came from before you dispatch,
> instead you dispatch then ask questions later...

No, Leuck.  That's not what I said and you know it.
The correct procedure is for the CS to receive daily test
signals from each account.  When the account is created
one of the data items entered is the phone number of the
alarm control panel.  Each time a test or other signal
comes in the CS automation software compares the
Caller ID to the phone number on file.  Done right, this
would have alerted the CS when the panel sent a test
that something was awry.

> Then again maybe there are other reasons why
> you no longer own a central station...

As you already know, I sold it during my divorce.  What
you may not know is that I'm glad of both.  Though the
alarm company and the CS business brought in a nice,
steady revenue stream, they also required my constant
attendance.  Vacations were rare and necessarily short.
Running an online alarm dealership, I make a better
living and have the freedom to travel extensively.

>> I programmed our systems to report on power restoral.
>> We used an alternate line card for those signals to
>> avoid overloading the emergency lines during/after
>> storms.
>
> One line card eh? <snicker>

Yep.  One card (2 lines in hunting) handled tests and
O/C signals.  Another card (2 lines in hunting) handled
alarms.  The 2nd alarm line "rolled over" to the test lines
in case we ever had an overload.  Such signals were
extremely rare since we were never large.

Snicker all you like.  I'm certain I made a better living
running my own small business than you ever will working
in the office of a large, national firm.  I do better still online.
This evening after putting in about 6 hours online, I drove
to Clearwater to buy fishing tackle for a scheduled trip to
the Amazon.  What'd you do, ride your bicycle? <snicker>

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics