Re: Quality Ademco Engineering

Amazing what short memories exist here,
about 8 or 9 years ago in this group when I responded to the Clock issue on
the Z1100 and got chewed out there was plenty of attitude to go around.

I don't write every nite as many here do and as I have stated in the past
many of the answers that are posted are accurate so when the point is made,
I see no reason to go on and on.

Furthermore, I  don't dig up personal crap on fellow posters as I have seen
done here for years. Sometimes, I do get good feedback from this group and I
have passed it on to whomever I worked for at the time whether it was Wade
Moose, David Steele, (Moose Products), Ken Boyda (Sentrol then Interlogix)
or now with the product managers of Honeywell.

As to coping an attitude, well when you see erroneous information posted
about your company (Nomen's post that we do not notify folks about
compatibility) well it just flipped a switch.
and when someone gave their opinion that our organization essentially causes
the problem. I simply gave an opinion.

Seems like years ago I contributed copies of the Scantronic Products to the
Library Jim,
Seems like I also wrote a letter years ago when Ademco wanted to stop the
distribution of Ademco manuals on Tech Man

Don't remember anyone not wanting my input then.

So, Can anyone complain and Lie here or is some special requirement needed?

On Apr 16, 8:18?pm, "Seccon1" <secc...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Roland Moore" <rol...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> Wonder how many "Beta" products are just sitting around in stock rooms
> >> and
> >> basements.
>
> > Okay, so now you want them all back?
>
> No, I just would like professionals to keep their word or not give it.
>

> > >I drive to
> >> jobsites and training appointments every weekday, typically 4 days (and
> >> nights) out each week and the guys that put this stuff in on the vast
> >> majority have no previous training or even entry level education to
> >> prepare them for the job. The I read here how it is the manufacturer's
> >> fault.
>
> > As long as any manufacturer makes their products available through
> > distribution, then the trunk slammer headaches you describe are going to
> > be the result. If you want to see the quality of techs using your brand
>
> So why does Bosch sell sensors through distribution, It's been a while
> since
> I installed Radionics (Bar Reader Programmer 5100 I believe, panels we
> used
> were 8012, 8112, ) but they sold a Fire DACT called the Notifier 911 (Not
> be confused with the Moose 911) So that is one thing you are Wrong about.
>
> > improve, there are many things you could do on your end. Some companies
> > like Bosch, DMP, Verint, (to name just a few) refuse to sell their
> > product
> > to anyone that has not PASSED (not just attended) a training course on
> > the
>
> Bull, I sat through Joe Lamontange's classes in Atlanta and if your techs
> could not pass the class they still got the pretty little certificate. All
> your company had to do was send folks to Marrietta GA, (Roy Thurston was
> the
> rep. then and if you could not attend but Radionics wanted your business
> bad enough they would send you Jim Kelly's video instead.
>
> Please, you clearly do not know what your preferred vender does.
>
> > product. Another technique used by companies that have product available
> > through distribution (like American Dynamics) is to offer a better
> > discount level on the product to companies that send their employees to
> > training. I know that you have training, I have not been to effective
> > Honeywell Security
>
> I do not know what ADI Expo class limited to 2 hours you have attended and
> called it a technical training but I will stack any training presentation
> and material that we provide against whatever is available.
>
> Unlike others here, I will not pretend to be "All Knowing" But I have
> installed, serviced, run a CS, worked for manufacturers (through 4
> acquisitions) and distribution. I doubt seriously you can teach me much
> little man!

I'm gonna give ya a little hint.

You're in the wrong group to cop an attitude.

I'd suggest that you step back, take a deep breath and read some the
the history of this Newsgroup ..... then decide if you're ready to
take on the reprecussions. In spite of what you think are credible
credentials in this industry, if that's all you've got, you're in over
your head already.

It's just a  suggestion ..... take it or leave it.