Re: Quality Ademco Engineering

Seccon1 wrote:

>As to coping an attitude, well when you see erroneous information posted
>about your company (Nomen's post that we do not notify folks about
>compatibility) well it just flipped a switch.

What I said was accurate.

Go to MyWebTech and type 4140XMPT2 into the search box.  Then click on
Keypads to get a list of compatible keypads.  You will find the 6160 listed
as compatible.  It isn't.  It doesn't work with address 00 or 01.  The 6160
instructions don't mention the problem either.

I think it's pretty stupid to build a keypad to replace the 6139, and not
make it emulate a 6139.

I don't expect perfection, but I at least expect some sort of attempt to
inform customers of compatibility issues.  Otherwise those of us in the
field waste time and money screwing around with problems that are not our
fault.

And as Jim said earlier, Ademco manuals are poor quality.  After all these
years, you guys still haven't figured out how to make an index.  All you do
is have a computer compile a list of keywords.  That's not an index.

Here's a couple examples I pulled out of the Vista-50P index.  These are
just examples, not specific complaints.  In the index, no entries for:

Compass
Downloading (except for a couple of program entries)
Direct wire downloading
Clock
Set clock
Test timer