Re: Quality Ademco Engineering

> No, I just would like professionals to keep their word or not give it.

I wish manufacturers would take that message to heart. I been buried by
their broken promises.

> I installed Radionics (Bar Reader Programmer 5100 I believe, panels we
> used were 8012, 8112, ) but they sold a Fire DACT called the Notifier 911
> (Not to be confused with the Moose 911) So that is one thing you are Wrong
> about.

Well I was talking about today and not when dinosaurs walked the Earth. For
the record the D8012 used the 5000 programmer and it would "hang" on the
panel. It used a 5010 to burn customer text into PROM chips. There were only
eight zones and a few lines of programming.
The D8112 version E, G, G1, G2 used the 5100 (Wanda) programmer. More zones,
POPITS, RAM II etc. More training was needed then, but there were still
fewer options that the current G series panels. On G series you can use a
5200 programmer but most BCSDs use RPS.
G series panels do require 3 day training. And yes Joe Lamontange still
teaches it. I have found him to be a good instructor. Joe has been with
Bosch so long that even though he is a bit of a maverick, Bosch still puts
up with him (unlike his ex wives). Dean Kugler is a good instructor too. No
matter what happened in the days of the 5100 programmer, there are enough
folks that want to be Bosch dealers today that watching a video would cut it
for training. You can get certified on the new easy series panels by going
on line, but not much else.

 >Please, give me a break, I
> taught a class to a dealer just today that had the Bosch Logo everywhere
> and had to cover closed loop, open loop, series and parallel circuits and
> the difference between dry contacts and open collector outputs. Where were
> the superior, truck equipped techs then.
>
> Give me a break, My cow died, so I don't need your bull.

I don't need yours either. If a BCSD was getting training on your gear, I'd
bet he hadn't met his quota and had the "boot" letter from Bosh in his files
already, especially if he was as lame as you claim. Honeywell is just his
back up hump, you know just like every whore has. What gear do you have that
Bosch doesn't? Let me see Bosch has the entire BVIP line. Where are your
video encoders? Or yes, the DVM that looks like re-branded Axis maybe, just
like the re-branded Mercury panels? Oh wait, you have to be a NexWatch guy
and get trained I bet! And Northern Computers Access Control? Yes there is a
priceless piece of gear to go with the rest of the NexWatch stuff. DVM edge
encoding? Yes. Edge recording? Nope! ANR? No again. Even your top of the
line stuff is bottom of the barrel.
This industry is moving in an IT direction. Although it is important to know
basic electronics, a good understanding of IT is becoming very important as
well. Those type classes are available at most community colleges as well as
the training in basic electronics important to the alarm industry.