Re: Al Gore where are you?

> So how are 'we' causing the same thing on mars?

One outlier scientist's opinion does nothing to contradict
the consensus of thousands of researchers.

>> This has been the concensus among virtually all
>> serious scientific studies on the subject for years.
>>

> And any study that doesn't blame mankind for
> global warming is:
>
> A) not serious
> B) Doesn't get massive government grants

So far none of the "studies" that don't blame human
activity has produced any evidence to support their
claims.  Virtually every such report comes from
individuals or groups who say they've "re-examined"
the data which serious scientists have developed.

>> On the other side are contrarian, outlier "scientists"
>> primarily bought and paid for by industrial interests
>> who claim that they have examined the same data
>> yet see no problem.
>>
>> It is noteworthy that some of the same "scientists"
>> who deny that industrial pollution is endangering
>> the planet also stood up for the cause of such
>> public interest magnates as Phillip Morris when
>> they tried to quash government reports that
>> smoking causes cancer and later, that second-
>> hand smoke is hazardous.
>>

> Names?  Dates?

Better yet, read the book called "The Republican
War on Science" by Chris Mooney.  It's a NY Times
bestseller.  Oh, wait.  I forgot.  Right-wingers only
get their news from Pat Robertson and Faux News.

> It would be more believable that mankind
> is causing it if the person shouting the
> loudest actaully believed it himself.

It's not one person shouting.  It is a chorus of
scientists from all over the world warning of dire
results if we continue to sit with our heads in the
sand the way industry wants.

> His behavior shows he does not.  For him
> its a money grab.

It's not about Al Gore.  It's about using sensible
policies and writing (and enforcing) environmental
protection regulations to try to preserve what we
have.

>> So that makes it alright to destroy what
>> we have now?
>
> Maybe if everyone in the world bought carbon
> offsets from Al...

Maybe if certain people cared more about the
environment than bashing political opponents they
might realize Al Gore isn't selling offsets.  He has
proposed several means to encourage responsible
behavior.  None involve you buying something
from him.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass