Re: Al Gore where are you?

Milhouse Van Houten wrote:
> Mark Leuck wrote:
>

>> "Milhouse Van Houten" <none@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Yes it was.  Every bit of it was factual.

>>> Oh come on...
>>>
>>> Do you actually think an issue as serious as our whole planet going
>>> to shit is just political propaganda?
>>
>> It is a cycle, the earth warms and cools over time, at one time it
>> was much hotter than it is now
>
> No shit... But we are outside of the normal cycle.  Didn't you see all
> Al's pretty line charts?
>

>>> Do you think the UN panel's report last week is just hype?
>>
>> I question anything the UN comes up with
>>

> As you should... But this one is not some fabrication.
>

>>> Do you think that the climate change and air & water pollution is
>>> downright fiction created to undermine big oil and the republican
>>> party?
>>
>> Much of it is fiction and political based
>

> Which part did you think was fiction?
>
> Of course he did some political jabbing - but he got back to the
> point.  No one is going to be able to convince me that burning fossil
> fuels is not adversely affecting our environment.  The big issue now
> is that all that pollution is causing a global climate change that is
> *unnatural* - that is NOT part of the shifts that occur all by
> themselves.
>

> I realize that the planet goes though massive changes.. From ice ages
> to scorched Earth, naturally.  This emergency we face today is caused
> by combustion emissions, deforestation, toxic waste mismanagement, and
> just plain old apathy about our environment.
>

>>> Did you even see the movie?  See the message - not the messenger.
>>
>> I saw the movie, it was good for a few laughs, other than that very
>> boring
>
> It was boring compared to 24 and Deadliest Catch.  But that's not the
> point.  I watch the Discovery mini-series "Planet Earth" every Sunday
> since it started a few weeks ago.  It's "boring", but extremely
> interesting too <--- 'oxymoron' defined.
>
> I think the problem is apathy, combined with ignorance that allows
> your ilk to continue downplaying the seriousness of this situation.
> Wake up man - this ain't going away.

A while back you were asking for guidance. OK, here goes: Ahem-
1 Global warming/cooling is a natural phenomenon over which we have very
little control.
2 Al Gore is a self-righteous hypocrite who is still sore about being beaten
in the 2000 election and craves attention.
3 The UN is a self-serving bunch of liberal do-nothings who hate your
country.
4
5 Don't be a schmuck. (Hope I'm not too late on that one)
js