Re: Al Gore where are you?

Mark Leuck wrote:

>"Milhouse Van Houten" <none@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Jim wrote:
>>

>> >Academy Award for the best documentary, that wasn't a documentary.
>>
>> Yes it was.  Every bit of it was factual.
>>

>> >Yeah ..... sure. On the other hand it puts him in the same company of
>> >Micheal Moore.
>>
>> Oh come on...
>>
>> Do you actually think an issue as serious as our whole planet going to
>> shit is just political propaganda?
>
>It is a cycle, the earth warms and cools over time, at one time it was much
>hotter than it is now

No shit... But we are outside of the normal cycle.  Didn't you see all
Al's pretty line charts?

>> Do you think the UN panel's report last week is just hype?
>
>I question anything the UN comes up with

As you should... But this one is not some fabrication.

>> Do you think that the climate change and air & water pollution is
>> downright fiction created to undermine big oil and the republican
>> party?
>
>Much of it is fiction and political based

Which part did you think was fiction?

Of course he did some political jabbing - but he got back to the
point.  No one is going to be able to convince me that burning fossil
fuels is not adversely affecting our environment.  The big issue now
is that all that pollution is causing a global climate change that is
*unnatural* - that is NOT part of the shifts that occur all by
themselves.

I realize that the planet goes though massive changes.. From ice ages
to scorched Earth, naturally.  This emergency we face today is caused
by combustion emissions, deforestation, toxic waste mismanagement, and
just plain old apathy about our environment.

>> Did you even see the movie?  See the message - not the messenger.
>
>I saw the movie, it was good for a few laughs, other than that very boring

It was boring compared to 24 and Deadliest Catch.  But that's not the
point.  I watch the Discovery mini-series "Planet Earth" every Sunday
since it started a few weeks ago.  It's "boring", but extremely
interesting too <--- 'oxymoron' defined.

I think the problem is apathy, combined with ignorance that allows
your ilk to continue downplaying the seriousness of this situation.
Wake up man - this ain't going away.