Re: GASP!!!! And I didn't even buy a ticket!!!

My moms neighbor  down the street came into his money when his brother died
and had a large life insurance policy  then his dad passed couple months
later and he came into more money then he had an invention pay off.
At one point we figure he had $700,000.00 and he was scammed out of all of
it and the antiques and other processions he had. He also took several
mortgages on the house which now sits empty and worthless. he died in a
hospital after living in a house of filth. My dad had to help paramedics
find him in the house to take him to the hospital after he fell out of bed
broke his back and his friend was finally convinced he needed medical help.
The case is very pathetic people tried to help and he ignored every one He
was a hermit. Even his few relatives could not convince him he was scammed.
He got taken for $100,000.00 when he helped a friend buy an old school in
Homestead Pa and it went no where he got scammed into buying part of a old
silver mine  tourist attraction near Lancaster pa which at one time did
produce silver. He got scammed by a guy for $30,000.00 who was going to
build a nursing home where he could have his stroke ridden mother taken care
of  She passed sevral months after thath .He had scammers beat him of
$10,000.00 for new side walks and stairs.
My parents and neighbors tried to get him to talk to a competent trustworthy
investment  firm to take care of him and his  money he would not he was a
WWII  navy vet and depression baby and did not trust banks.
Pathetically he died all alone in the Va hospital as all but most distant
relative are still alive.In the end he was contacted by a local News station
who put him on TV from his hospital bed so he could warn others.
Hopefully some one listened.