Re: New house system recomendation

Russell Brill wrote:

> Napco can be a little overwhelming when it comes to programming... That's
> why I use their Software to program a panel instead of trying to keypad
> program it... Quickloader makes programming a snap, either via phone line,
> or by directly plugging into the main board (P816 and up)... The main
> drawback, it would be very expensive for a company to equip all of their
> vans with laptops... I think Napco should come out with a cheap handheld
> programmer that ties into the databus (or plugs into the main board), more
> companies would use the Napco product line if they did that... Caddx used to
> have a handheld programmer for some of their older panels... I think it was
> their 8980 and 9000 series panels, they allowed an installer to program via
> download, keypad, or via the handheld programmer... Just my 1/2 cent :-))

Thank you Russ!
The Quickloader Software is a lot better than by hand.
Quickloader does MA3000's too. (BUT WHY?)LOL
BTW Caddx still has a handheld type device and I believe ITI too.
WAs a Serial Port Deal but now is USB.
Its not a programmer per se, but you can dump 4 programms from your PC
to it and then download from it on site to the panel without a laptop.

"Look at Napco's market share and you'll see most other companies feel
the same way"
Mark, take a look at Napco's recent profit percentages- they're way up-
higher than you surmise. They're in the Top 10 Companies on Long Island.

"The damn things come with 3 manuals for crying out loud."
That would assume your are capable of reading them. Many of us can.

"GE is by far the easiest and Ademco a close second."
There are a few of us who feel the same about Ademco as you do about
Napco... Let's see- clunky keypads..... who stole the Linear Stuff for
wireless......Programming Wireless devices: what a fiasco!  Power-up
Speed..... SNAIL is Faster......Compass Software......How SLOOOWWWWW can
u go!