Re: ADT Contract Language help.

G. Morgan wrote:
> On 17 Oct 2006 10:50:05 -0700, canyonblue@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I intended to prewire the home but the
> >only option was a $2000 prewire option from the builder which would
> >only prewire the doors and stick you with their alarm company which was
> >a no-name brand with old equipment.

> "the house is new construction but from a builder and pre-wiring was
> not an option sadly, clearly i would have done that."
>
> $2000 to wire just the doors huh?  Yeah right.
>
> You are not a lawyer by chance, are ya?

of course "yeah right" it was highway robbery. the house is a
semi-custom home built in a builder based community. you don't own the
home until completion to builder can decide what if any option choices
you have. while my wife and i spent huge sums on options, one option i
wasn't going to take was wiring the doors (4) and 1 motion and 1 panel
(all from a no-name company with old technology) for $2000. so
therefore my ONLY real option was to wait until closing and THEN
install an alarm, exactly what I am doing. I had the first salesman in
my house about the alarm 3 days after the closing. my decision took 2
weeks total and the install is going to happen in less than 3 weeks for
a total of 5 weeks after the close.